The mission of the Midwest SPR is to further pediatric research in the Midwest by highlighting scientific discovery, fostering collaborations, and promoting academic career development from trainees to senior faculty. Through our strong mentorship networks and our annual meeting, we provide our members a unique way to develop significant, interactive, and supportive scientific and academic connections with other researchers across the Midwest region.
- Was organized in the 1960s.
- Meets annually in the Fall since 1983 with the site rotating through various Midwestern Universities.
- Provides a forum for pediatric scientists, developmental biologists, and particularly junior faculty and trainees at various levels to present their work in a supportive, constructive setting.
- Offers several research awards at the Annual Meeting for outstanding presentations by junior faculty (Sutherland Award), fellows or residents (Kenney and Metcoff Awards), and medical students.
- Offers Trainee Travel Awards to many of those who present their work at the Annual Meeting.
Become a New Member!
To be eligible, an individual should be pursuing an active full-time career in academic pediatrics as a faculty member at a teaching institution in Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Missouri, Kansas, Iowa, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, Western Pennsylvania (including Pittsburgh), Manitoba, or Saskatchewan.
Junior Member Section Membership
The Midwest SPR Junior Member Section serves as a resource for:
• Professional and scholarly networking in a variety of settings and platforms.
• Mentorship and resources for developing essential skills for academic career development.
• Opportunities for participation in the activities of the Society.
Full Member – $95.00
Affiliate Member – $60.00
Provisional Member – $60.00