The Midwest SPR Junior Section will serve as a resource for:
• Professional and scholarly networking in a variety of settings and platforms.
• Mentorship and resources for developing essential skills for academic career development.
• Opportunities for participation in the activities of the Society.
Junior Section members will not have voting rights, but may participate in society activities at the discretion of the Council.
Eligibility: Fellows and residents who are currently enrolled in a pediatric training program in an academic institution in the Midwest and junior faculty within 3 years of fellowship.
Requirement: Candidates should submit a letter of verification from their Program Director or Department Chair.
Dues: There are no dues for Junior Section membership. It is anticipated that Junior Section members will transition to Full membership at the conclusion of their eligibility period.
Structure: The Junior Section will have a President and a President-Elect elected by the Section members. A President-Elect will be elected each year with the expectation that she/he will become the President the next year. If the President or President-Elect relinquishes the position for any reason, a special election will be held to select a new President or President-Elect to serve the remaining part of the year.
Responsibility of the President:
– Represent the interests of Junior Members at Council meetings.
– Represent Midwest SPR at the SPR Junior Section meetings.
– Help develop and maintain mentorship program to connect trainees with faculty for professional development and networking purposes.
– Produce and distribute newsletters to Junior Section members.
Responsibility of the President-Elect
– Represent the needs and interests of trainees at Council meetings.
– Develop and maintain social media accounts for the Junior Section as both recruitment and communication tools.
– Plan and organize social events for Junior Section members at Midwest SPR and PAS meetings for networking purposes.